Serenity Search

Sunday, May 22, 2011

CHOICE




No one ever said that life would be easy. I have had to make a lot of very hard decisions lately. I have felt the doubts that I did the right thing. Praying has helped me to stay sane and at peace. Knowing God is with me has lifted my spirit and helped me to deal with things. Every day we have to make choices. Some of them are the right thing and we feel at peace with them. Others are not so good and we feel no peace with them. I know I have done what was right in the choices I have made. Others tell me I should have made a different choice. For me there was no other choice. Some people think I am a bad person for the choices I have made, but I have friends that let me have their support to know I am not a bad person.
Knowing I have a church that loves me has helped. There are churches that I have been to before that I know would not have helped me through the time I have had for the last couple of years.
Almost 5 years ago I made a choice that was wrong, but I can’t wish it away as I got a lot out of it. Even through the hard times that followed I know that I would not go back to change everything…. Though there are parts I wish I could change.
I am so thankful for the friends I have made and the choices I have made to get my life back to normal. I know that through the next little while I will be fragile as glass but I will not brake. I have too much to live for and to look forward to.
Thank you Becky and all four of my missionary’s for all that you have done for me, and the support you have given to me.
Whatever happens in your life remember you have the agency to change some of it. Other parts just have to happen from others agency, know that God is with you and things are easier to get though.

1 comment:

  1. Nikki,
    I am so happy for the choice you made to be baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. That is one choice that you will not regret.

    ReplyDelete